- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Beer Gas & Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- LINDOFLAMM® Special Burners
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Gas Supply Options
- GENIE® Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
- colourless fuel gas with a naturally pungent smell.
- similar to propane but has a double bond which gives it a combustion advantage.
- non-toxic (but may cause dizziness in high concentrations).
Application and use
- can be used for heating and cutting in place of propane (but is generally less economical).
- widely used as a fuel gas for the High Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) processes, because of the higher heat of combustion and flame temperature.
- widely used in the chemical and plastics industries.
The following hazards are associated with Powerjet propylene:
- highly combustible, having explosive limits in the air of between 2% and 10.5% by volume
- will ignite and burn instantly from a spark or piece of hot metal
- requires minimal energy to ignite in oxygen
- heavier than air so will collect in ducts, drains and low-lying levels, forming an explosion hazard