- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Beer Gas & Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- BOC Safety Products
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Helium Gas
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- GENIE Gas Cylinders
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
- Provides good, deep fusion profiles with high travel speeds, flat weld bead profiles resulting in lower wire usage and lower fabrication costs.
- Good arc stability is achieved producing low spatter, good weld appearance and a reduction in risk of fusion defects.
- Can help to produce X-ray-quality welds.
- Widely used in the MIG welding of components in the thickness range of 10mm and above.
- Suitable for both manual and automatic applications for use with austenitic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels.
- Ideal for welding thick sections and has been developed for spray and pulse transfer.
- Can also be used for welding pipework and stainless steel structures.
Material specific applications
The following tabled data provides you with a guide to materials and welding processes with which Stainshield Heavy can be used:
- Austentic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels
- Nickel alloys (not Monels)
Austentic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels
|MIG welding||Stainshield Heavy is most widely used in the MIG welding of components in the thickness range of 10mm and above. The product is suitable for both manual and automatic applications.||Pipe Work, Structural Steel Work, Pressure Vessels||Good fusion, Good weld profile, High travel speeds, Low reinforcement|
Nickel alloys (not Monels)
|MIG welding||As with stainless steel Stainshield Heavy is best used to MIG weld nickel alloys of thickness of greater than 10mm. Only the Monel alloys are not recommended with this shielding gas.||Valve overlaying||Flatter weld profiles, Low spatter|