BOC is Ireland's leading supplier of natural refrigerants to the refrigeration and air conditioning industry and has a wealth of experience and expertise in environmentally-friendly refrigerants.
Natural refrigerants are chemicals which occur in nature's bio-chemical processes. They do not deplete the ozone layer and make negligible (or zero in the case of R-717 ammonia) contribution to global warming.
Their high efficiency means they make a much lower, indirect contribution to global warming than many synthetic refrigerants.
A number of factors will influence your choice of refrigerant. Natural refrigerants from BOC can satisfy many criteria, such as:
- regulatory compliance. Our natural refrigerants are not subject to the Montreal Protocol or F-Gas regulations; they comply with all applicable Ireland and EU regulations and standards
- low environmental impact. They have zero ODP and minimal GWP
- quality assurance. Our products and packages comply with highest quality and safety standards
- high performance. They demonstrate good thermodynamic properties and COP
- widespread availability. Local delivery and collection is available
- long-term viability. These items are not subject to phase-out controls
- compatibility. BOC natural refrigerants work well with widely available components, oils and other fluids
- natural refrigerants are not generally considered retrofit solutions in existing systems
- in this increasingly complex industry, BOC's refrigerants team are on hand to provide information and technical expertise on the range of products available
- we can offer guidance on regulatory matters, product detail and applications