- About Linde
- About BOC
- Company Profile
- The Linde Spirit
- Group Procurement
- Linde Worldwide
- Corporate History
Maintaining high levels of environmental performance and reporting are the responsibility of all functions within BOC. In addition, each BOC employee is asked to keep a watch on our actual or potential impact on the environment.
How BOC manages environmental performance
In striving for sound environmental management BOC will:
- comply in letter and spirit with all relevant legal requirements and industry standards, and cooperate fully with the authorities in the development of such laws, regulations and industry codes of practice
- maintain an environmentally sound workplace in all BOC locations by assessing and effectively managing the risks arising from its activities, products and services through the application of best operating practice
- continually review its operations and processes and create appropriate programmes, particularly in support of its Climate Change and Energy policies, to bring about continuous improvement in performance and sustainability
- identify and minimise waste in the use of energy, raw materials and all other resources
- place a duty of care on all company officers and managers and hold them accountable for environmental performance against agreed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- ensure functional competence of all its employees through ongoing training, development, communication and appraisal programmes
- work with and encourage our suppliers and contractors to conduct their business with us in an environmentally responsible manner
- develop and market products which will help our customers improve their environmental performance, providing all the necessary information and assistance to that end
- operate so as to meet the requirements of ISO 14001
- learn from incidents and share the lessons with employees, customers, contractors and other bodies as appropriate
- conduct ourselves at all times as a responsible corporate citizen, pursuing sustainable programmes and behaviours, and maintaining effective communication with all stakeholders.
BOC is also active in many other areas of the climate change agenda, and is keen to continue working with our customers and suppliers in this important area.