- Construction & Infrastructure
- Demolition & Dismantling
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Pharma & biotechnology
- Plastics & rubber
- Metal Production & Treatment
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Food & Beverage
- Emergency Services
- Universities & Research
LINDOFLAMM® special burners for pre- and post-heating
In order to weld segments of wind turbine towers – high strength steel plates which are up to 4 m wide and 12 cm thick – it is necessary to pre-heat then post-heat the segments. This is to remove the risk of hydrogen cracking, as stipulated in BS EN 1011-2:2001. To avoid production bottlenecks this process must be done rapidly, which is where BOC’s pioneering LINDOFLAMM® acetylene burners come in - heating up the steel twice as fast as conventional methods. Burners are made to suit each customer’s needs: some are designed for so-called longitudinal welds, and some for circular steel segments (circumferential welds), with a diameter of up to 7 m. They can be fully automated.
LINSPRAY® thermal spraying solutions
From anti-corrosion coating to improved wear performance, thermal spray provides the perfect combination of high quality and cost effectiveness, with example usage being for gear & bearing surface treatments. Advantages are:
- numerous combinations of base material and coating material are possible
- high quality materials can be used to improve base material properties cost-effectively
- potential to repair high-grade worn parts reducing costs and downtime
- many processes are available including cold spraying, plasma spraying and arc spraying
Heat treatment of turbine components
Example uses are for steel hardening and for hardening of gear and shaft components.
CRYOCLEAN® treatment of blades and moulds
BOC’s innovative CO2 blast cleaning process is dry, solvent-free, reduces downtime and causes no wear or damage to surfaces. These factors make it ideal when high quality and high productivity is essential.