- Construction & Infrastructure
- Demolition & Dismantling
- Emergency Services
- Food & Beverage
- Metal Production & Treatment
- Pharma & biotechnology
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Plastics & rubber
- Universities & Research
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
In addition to our wide range of industrial gases, our products and services for the non-ferrous sector include:
- expertise in furnace design.
- expertise in combustion systems and operating practice.
- environmental protection applications.
- unparalleled technical support and customer service.
Gas solutions for the aluminium industry
BOC and The Linde Group are the market leaders in innovative gas solutions for the aluminium industry.
Our industry-leading portfolio ranges from gases and equipment to process consulting and services.
The primary focus is on the use of oxygen to enhance the combustion process, increase efficiencies and reduce emission.
Our oxy-fuel solution includes a wide range of burners and technologies. In over 130 installations these applications have:
- increased melting rates by as much as 100%
- reduced fuel consumption by up to 50%
- reduced fuel gas and emissions by anything up to 90%
We also employ a wide range of inert gases to optimise results and reduce production costs.
Gas purging improves the quality of the final product by de-gassing, removing inclusions and homogenising.
Other practical examples of how we put inert gas to good use include:
- annealing. We use a protective nitrogen atmosphere to anneal aluminium coils: this reduces oxidation and discoloration.
- dross cooling. An inert atmosphere enhances the metal yield by preventing oxidation.
- extrusion. Liquid nitrogen has been shown to improve quality and productivity in extrusion die cooling.