- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
Food Freezing and Chilling
- Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling
- CRYOLINE® MT Cryogenic Tunnel Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CS Compact Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CW IQF Freezer
- CRYOLINE XF 700 Spiral Freezer
- CRYOLINE® SC Super Contact Freezer
- CRYOLINE® CF Cabinet Freezer
- CRYOLINE® PE Pellet Freezer
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
- Hydrogen Refuelling
The cost to the UK economy is estimated to be in the region of £900m representing over half of the total cost of food-related illness.
Positive results have been seen from a new cryogenic technology involving rapid chilling of the surface of the poultry using a cryogenic vapour. The solution has been developed by Bernard Matthews Ltd and BOC in collaboration with the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and Campden BRI, and could enable the poultry industry and the FSA in the UK to meet their 2015 joint Campylobacter reduction targets.
The 2015 target is to reduce the numbers of birds carrying the highest levels of contamination from 27% of the total population slaughtered in the UK - more than 800 million a year - to 10%. Results from initial batch trials indicate that Preventum™ Rapid Surface Chilling is an effective intervention that could enable the reduction targets to be met.
An industrial inline trial using patent-applied-for process and technology has already started at a leading poultry processor and member of the Campylobacter Joint Working Group with very positive initial results. During the next few weeks the trial will statistically validate the solution and ensure that it complies with current poultry meat marketing regulations.
Published September 2013