- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
A CAD model of the component interacts with the electron beam melting machine, where a high vacuum is created.
The electron beam melts the metal powder bed, growing the component part layer upon layer in temperatures of up to 850c. BOC Pure Helium is added during the component build cool-down process.
Orthopaedic manufacturers are adopting Electron Beam Melting processes for Titanium implants for bespoke and standard production, while in Aerospace, non-critical components are produced for prototypes based on increased weight and cost savings, as conventional machining methods are no longer required.
Electron Beam Melting processes can incorporate the following materials:
- Cobalt Chrome
BOC's product supply, engineering capabilities and experience interacts with customers' operating EBM processes in the following areas:
- Design, provision and installation of helium gas supply systems.
- OnStream gas system design and maintenance services.
- Gas safety equipment, safety checks and training.
Leading in Additive Manufacturing Innovation
BOC UK Ltd are proud to be an active member of the ACCLAIM project consortium. The ACCLAIM (ACcelerated CLadding And Integrated Machining) project received approximately £694,000 of support from the UK’s innovation agency, the Technology Strategy Board. With this support, ACCLAIM aims to address some major and growing problems within the additive manufacturing (AM) sector; limiting factors such as cost, time and resource needed to finish parts after an AM build as well as improving the mechanical performance of AM built parts are all being addressed within the project.
For more information please download a copy of the ACCLAIM project press release.
World Class Helium Supply
We can supply helium in any quantity you require and as either a compressed, liquefied or bulk gas, including our new 300 bar 50L cylinder package.