- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing & Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
The UK is one of the technologically leading countries in the world in the manufacture of powders, producing powders from metals, precious metals and alloys - Titanium, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Iron, Copper, Nickel base alloys and Cobalt base alloys.
The mechanical properties of a finished end product is highly dependent upon the manufacturing process and the characteristics of the powder used in the process.
Powder characteristics are mainly determined by:
- Particle size
- Size distribution
- Particle shape
BOC is the supplier of choice for gases and technical expertise to leading powder producers in the UK.
Whether our customers use gas atomisation, water atomisation or direct reduction, we support them with the right gases and technology:
- Gas atomisation – Argon & Nitrogen
- Water atomisation – Hydrogen
- Direct reduction – Hydrogen
- Annealing – Hydrogen
- Gas control and feedback systems
Drawing on its global technical expertise, BOC is also fine-tuning existing atomisation processes to improve powder characteristics, reduce costs and eliminate rejects.
BOC also provides customers with gas mixtures to meet production requirements for special alloyed powder particles.