- Products & Supply
- Industrial Gases
- Bulk Industrial Gases
- Refrigerant Gases
- Drinks Dispense Gases
- Balloon Gas & Equipment
- Speciality Gases
- Speciality Gases Equipment
- Dry Ice
- Plastic & Rubber Solutions
- LINDOFLAMM Special Burners
- Glass Processing Products
- Sulphur Recovery Burner Technology (SUREburner)
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Food Preservation Products
- Industrial Products
- Industrial Catalogue
- Safety Products (PPE)
- Cryogenic Equipment & Storage Vessels
- Packaged Chemicals
- Healthcare Equipment
- Helium Gas
- Gas Supply Options
- Gas Cylinder Innovation
- Gas Cylinder Tracking
- Products and Services A - Z
- Developed to provide welds with low distortion, minimal spatter and high travel speeds.
- Produces a good fusion profile with a superior weld finish, which is shiny, smooth and has a flat surface appearance.
- The addition of helium ensures good penetration and helps produce welds that are defect-free.
- Commonly used in the MIG welding of components in the thickness range of 3mm to 10mm.
- Suitable for both manual and automatic applications.
- Used with austenitic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels to weld pipework and panelling such as blast walls .
- Suitable for dip, spray and pulse transfer.
- In automatic and robotic applications, high welding speeds achieved by Stainshield Universal are important for high production rates and cost-efficiencies.
- Higher mechanical properties can be achieved when using Stainshield Universal than argon/oxygen or argon/carbon dioxide mixtures.
- High-integrity welds such as those required by the nuclear industry.
Material specific applications
The following tabled data provides you with a guide to materials and welding processes with which Stainshield Universal can be used:
- Austentic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels
- Nickel alloys (not Monels)
Austentic, ferritic, martensitic and duplex stainless steels
|MIG welding||Stainshield Universal is most widely used in the MIG welding of components in the thickness range of 3 mm to 12mm. The product is suitable for both manual and automatic applications.||Pipe Work, Panelling such as blast walls||Low distortion, Little splatter, High travel speeds|
Nickel alloys (not Monels)
|MIG welding||As with stainless steel Stainshield Universal is best used to MIG weld nickel alloys of thickness of 3mm and 12mm. Only the Monel alloys are not recommended with this shielding gas.||Pipework||Good fusion, Low defects|