Safe Under Pressure is available in booklet, video and CD formats and offers safety advice on working with gas cylinders.
The series has been specifically designed to offer BOC's expert knowledge in easily accessible sections.
The booklet, video and CD provide a visual guide for any employer in training themselves and their staff on important safety issues from cylinder-handling, gas properties and risks, to safe use and equipment advice.
|Booklet||€ 7 inc VAT||Part No 40942|
|Video||€ 35.00 inc VAT||Part No. 40943|
|Multimedia CD||€ 35.00 inc VAT||Part No 40944|
Safe Under Pressure contains the following essential information:
- The properties of the main industrial gases and their associated hazards
- All you need to know about gas cylinders and manifolded cylinder pallets (MCPs)
- Key pointers on planning and managing a storage facility
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safe use procedures and equipment advice
- What to do in the event of an emergency
The environment around you, gas properties and associated risks
Everyone working with industrial gases or in the near vicinity should be aware of the hazards they present. The risks of oxygen enrichment and asphyxiation are detailed, and guidance is provided on general safety procedures for individuals in an emergency situation.
This section provides guidance on how to move compressed cylinders safely and how to lift a fallen cylinder from a horizontal position.
Using oxy-acetylene equipment
When using oxygen and acetylene to weld or cut, certain measures should be taken to ensure the operator's safety. This section covers:
- Assembly of the equipment
- A full leak test of equipment
- The lighting-up procedure
- Turning equipment off for short breaks
- Closing equipment down for long breaks when the operator may leave the vicinity