- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing and Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
- Hydrogen Refuelling
Sub-zero treatments are treatments in which components are cooled to very low temperatures. For many years, sub-zero treatment of metals was considered a quick fix for poor heat treatment practice. However, researchers are now studying sub-zero cooling cycles and understanding its benefits.
BOC’s Gas and Equipment Solutions
Sub Zero Treatments - CRYOFLEX®
To fully benefit from sub-zero treatment of steels, temperatures close to liquid nitrogen may be necessary. For this application, BOC offers the CRYOFLEX® range of cryogenic freezer equipment.
Typical benefits of CRYOFLEX cold boxes using liquid nitrogen are:
Improved stress relief
Better dimensional stability
More uniform structural stability
Improved wear resistance
Useful technique for shrink fitting
These improvements are connected to the transformation of retained austenite in to martensite and/or the precipitation of newly formed carbides arising from the sub-zero treatment process.
BOC’s long standing industry experience and technical know-how, supported by industry leading patented technologies will ensure that you have the best support you could receive.