- Construction & Infrastructure
- Demolition & Dismantling
- Food & Beverage
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Pharma & biotechnology
- Plastics & rubber
- Metal Production & Treatment
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Emergency Services
- Universities & Research
The glass industry is shaped by various market, technology and environmental trends. In spite of the high percentage of glass recycling, there is growing pressure to reduce the carbon footprint of glass manufacturing and recycling processes.
This is reflected in increasingly strict legislation, forcing glass furnace operators to cap emissions – European legislation, for instance, has set new threshold values that lie significantly below the current emission levels in many furnaces.
In addition, glassmakers are increasingly challenged to reduce furnace, raw material and energy costs and increase pull rates.
The Glass Experts
Industrial gases are an extremely effective way of meeting today’s glass production challenges – helping you to increase furnace pull rates, enhance the quality of the final product and reduce emissions.
Leveraging on the latest gas-enabled technologies, we work closely with leading glass manufacturers across the globe to support their individual targets.
- Full technical evaluation of existing plant
- Feasibility studies
- Individual development projects
- On-site trials and demonstrations
- Glass modelling with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and mathematical modelling
- Installation, commissioning and process optimisation
- Consulting, safety, auditing and training
BOC Products for the Glass industry
Click on the links below to find out more about the glass processes that we support and the products that we supply to the glass industry: