- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing and Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
- Hydrogen Refuelling
Not only legislation but more extensive processing of residues and higher diesel demand compared with petrol will also increase hydrogen's demand.
There are various hydrotreating processes in a refinery. To name a few:
Hydrodesulphurisation: sulphur compounds are hydrogenated to hydrogen sulphide H2S as feed for Claus plants
Hydroisomerisation: normal paraffins are converted into iso-paraffins to improve the product properties (e.g. RON)
Dearomatisation: aromatics are hydrogenated to cyclo paraffins or alkanes
Hydrocracking: long-chain hydrocarbons are cracked to shorter chains in the gasoline range.
Hydrogen volumes consumed increasingly exceed those produced in a platformer and have to be supplemented by other sources.
Main processes for hydrogen on-site supply:
Steam reforming of methane or other hydrocarbons
Recovery from refinery off-gases
Recovery from syngas
Gasification of oil refining residues.
Process consulting, financing, erection and start-up are all services offered by BOC. We can also provide hydrogen plant operation (over-the-fence-supply), maintenance and repair and emergency supply arrangement to ensure that your business is working at its optimum.
Click to see a larger version of the image