- Water & Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology Processes
- Process Chemistry
- Manufacturing Processes
- CRYOCLEAN CO2 Cleaning Solutions
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Processes
- Food Freezing and Chilling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Double Glazing
- Glass Processing
- Heat Treatment
- Plastic & Rubber Processing
- Cryobank Cryogenic Biostorage
- Hydrogen Refuelling
Quenching is mostly applicable to steels which are to be converted from its soft high temperature austenitic structure to hard martensite. To achieve this, the cooling has to be fast enough to prevent the formation of other phases like pearlite and bainite.
BOC’s Gas and Equipment Solutions
Quenching & Cooling - FRIOFLEX®
Gas quenching parameters (such as the gas or gas mixture, the pressure and the velocity) must be carefully set to ensure the right results in terms of hardness and microstructure. Factors to be taken into consideration include hardenability of the material to be quenched, the batch layout, component geometries, the distribution of the gas within the quenched batch and the geometry of the quench cell.
Drawing on its in-depth competence, BOC delivers gas quenching supply systems engineered to individual demands, whether it is a question of quenching tool steels at lower pressures or automotive components at 15 bars or above.
BOC’s long standing industry experience and technical know-how, supported by industry leading patented technologies will ensure that you have the best support you could receive.